(H-TAC & Participating Improvements)
The following are among the initiatives and improvements recently implemented at the Airport and Industrial Park:
- Improvements to drainage system (east side).
- Establishment of municipal sewage (east side).
- Extension and improvement Thunderbird Road.
- Construction of Turning Lanes (east and west) entrances to the airport.
- Upgrading of municipal sewage (west side of airport).
- Aircraft parking ramp rehabilitation and taxiway rehabilitation.
- Runway 18/36 Runway Reconstruction
- New HTAC Office Facility
- Municipal Sewage complete on Aviation and James Roads
- Municipal Sewage on Blimp Road
- Security Lighting on east & west Ramp
- Additional Security lighting on the west ramp-south
- Master Plan Update
- Reconstruction of Taxiways
- Extension of Security Fence along Aviation Road
Airport Outreach Program
The HTAC has developed an outreach program to inform and give back to the community. We have joined the Terrebonne
Parish Public School’s Partners in Education Program. In doing so, we have adopted Acadian Elementary School.
Some of the events initiated recently and are planned for upcoming years, are to introduce the fourth grade classes
to aviation. We coordinate classroom time with the teachers and students. During that time, we present a power point
presentation that introduces the students to aviation. The years to come, we plan to incorporate field trips to the
airport and with involvement of the local EAA Chapter on the airport, we may even be able to offer plane rides to
Other schools have visited the airport for field trips as well. On occasion, when time permits, these students are
given a presentation to introduce them to aviation as well.
Other activities for outreach by the HTAC have been power point presentation updates to local government bodies when
there is a change in our governing leaders. They are brought up-to-date on current projects and are given a
perspective on where we are headed. Also, several of our local civic organizations have bee periodically updated
in the same manner.
For more information on the economic development side in Terrebonne Parish, visit Terrebonne Economic Development
Authority (TEDA)’s website: www.tpeda.org